Traditional mahogany brown mild, smoky, roasted nutty aroma, with sweet, molasses and dark chocolate flavours. Brewed with Pale Ale, Crystal & Chocolate Malts and Fuggle Hops. Won “Best in Class” at SIBA S.E. Brewing Competition 2001.
A copper auburn coloured beer with malty, fruity hoppy aromas. Full bodied, with soft fruit flavours and a dry finish. Our original brew, and still best seller. Best Bitter won Gold at the S.E. SIBA Brewing Competition 2008.
Auburn bronze Premium ale with malty barley sugar and spicy hop aromas and a smooth creamy flavour with soft fruits throughout with a tasty balanced finish.
Originally brewed for the Beauty of Hops Competition 1997 to trial Phoenix hops, a new variety developed to be resistant to Wilt, the disease which has decimated English Hop Gardens.
• Gold Award in Beauty of Hops Award 1997
• Gold Award in Strong Bitter Category of Champion Beer of Britain Competition 1999
• Category winner at the First Great Western Octoberfest 1998 and
• S.E. SIBA Brewing Awards 2002.
A blend of Midhurst Mild and Wassail, this porter combines the dark smoky aromas of our Mild with the rich fruity flavours of Wassail. A warming beer for chilly evenings in spring or autumn. Won Gold in Porter category at S.E. SIBA Brewing Competition 2008.
A strong chestnut ruby Premium ale with an oaky aroma containing sherry and mature fruit. The flavour is warming, fruity and strong. At 6.0% it is considered by CAMRA to be a Barley Wine, but its characteristics are more those of a strong “Winter Warmer” style bitter.
• Beer of the Festival Cardiff 1992
• Silver Award Strong Bitter Category of Champion Beer of Britain Competition 1992
• Silver Award Great Aberystwyth Beer Festival 1998
• Bronze Award S.E. SIBA Brewing Awards 2002
Originally brewed in 1980 for Ballard's first Christmas, popular demand has forced us to brew it all the year round ever since. It was first bottled in 1995.